The nature of the teaching environment we work, in with reflective water surfaces and sand dunes, dictates the following:
- Maximum use is to be made of shade where available.
- It is important that teachers and visiting adults act as role models in the area of sun protection, wearing suitable clothing, hats and sunscreen.
- Visiting students and other clients are required to wear hats and protective clothing. Long sleeved shirts with collars and trousers are recommended and are more appropriate for the nature of the environment (sun, insects, prickly plants, wind burn).
- It is recommended that all clients wear SPF15+ broad spectrum sun-screen on uncovered areas of skin, particularly the face, neck and lips. Sunscreen should be reapplied after 2 hours.
- Centre hats will be provided for all students who have not brought their own.