Our centre has had links with community groups such as Landcare and with government departments such as Fisheries, Queensland Environmental Protection Agency and Maritime Safety Queensland, Healthy Waterways and Keep Australia Beautiful.
The Centre is available for hire during weekends. Community groups including conservation groups, researching scientists and cultural groups are able to use the centre for accommodation purposes.
Jacobs Well Environmental Education Centre Advisory Council
The Jacobs Well Environmental Education Centre Advisory Council (JWEEC Advisory Council) is an incorporated community group established to support the Jacobs Well Environmental Education Centre. The council was first incorporated in 1997. P&C associations work with and support education facilities that have permanent student populations. The JWEEC Advisory Council provides similar support to Jacobs Well Environmental Education Centre.
The Jacobs Well EEC Advisory Council has members representing various community groups and business organisations around the local area. At present their primary role is advocacy and financial support.
They have been very successful in securing funds for a number of facility improvements. If you would like to join us and be a part of our community please contact us for details.
Advisory council provides:
- a source of strong community advocacy and support for centre and environmental education in general
- a liaison with P&C associations, community groups, like-minded associations and seeks support from them
- assistance in establishing good community relationships
- fund-raising and funding opportunities
- volunteer help and working bees
- knowledge of local issues and increased communication between groups
- promotion of environmental education in local area
- advice to centre on environmental education issues
- advocacy for centre operations
- physical and financial support for centre.
Achievements so far
- Strengthened bonds between members and their groups.
- Strengthened relationships between centre and these groups.
- Attracted funds to centre from Coastcare, Gaming Fund, Gold Coast City Council and Logan City Council.
- Succeeded in lobbying for new boat.
- Working bees.
If you are interested in being a part of the Jacobs Well Environmental Education Centre Advisory Council, please contact Margaret Waters (07) 5546 1272.
Jacobs Well Progress Association
The Jacobs Well Progress Association incorporates a committed group of local residents and business identities. It was established to promote sustainable growth and protect the beauty of Jacobs Well and districts. They have been a great support to our centre assisting us with finance, resources and local knowledge.